St Albans Sanatorium
St. Alban’s Sanatorium has a dark and tormented past that calls out to investigators around the world. Featured on SyFy’s Haunted Collector, the Travel Channel’s The Dead Files and Destination America’s Ghost Asylum, this is one location that is every paranormal enthusiasts’ dream (or perhaps nightmare is a better word)!
In the late 1800’s the building was originally constructed as a Lutheran Boys’ School known for its harsh punishments and the encouragement of “bullying” to breed a tougher “Southern Gentleman.” The school was in operation for less than 20 years before it was shut down in 1911.
In 1916 the St. Alban’s Sanatorium opened for business leaving its own disturbing mark upon the landscape. Although the treatments used on patients were supposed to be “state of the art” the experimental nature left a trail of torture and death that is still etched into the walls of this former institution. Insulin Induced comas, lobotomies, electroconvulsive therapy, hydro shock therapy – it’s no wonder that tormented cries are still heard throughout the building.
There are no products in this view.